Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Acro, Lyrical, Modern:
Dance Attire – Leotard – T-Shirt – Tank Top – Capri Pants – Sweat Pants – Skirts - Shorts.
Shorts, Skirts & LEOTARDS - All SHORTS, SKIRTS & LEOTARDS must be worn with TIGHTS NO exceptions.
(Dancer will be asked to NOT participate in class if they are not wearing tights!!!)
Tights – Color & Style of choice. (Capri Tights are acceptable)
Jeans are not proper dance attire.
Hair - must be pulled back at all times.
T-shirt, sweat pants, shorts, No jeans.
Shoes: All Shoes MUST Be Purchased at N.Y.C. DANCE
Tap – Black tap shoes & Tap ties. (No Laces)
Jazz/Hip Hop – Split sole, Slip On, No Tie Jazz shoes.
Ballet – Pink ballet shoes.
Acro – Barefoot. (No shoes required)
Lyrical/Modern – Paws.
• Proper shoes must be worn at all times.
• If student fails to wear the proper shoes they will be asked to not participate in the class.
• All dance shoes and bags must have names or initials in them.
*N.Y.C. Dance is NOT responsible for any lost or damaged property (This also includes DANCE SHOES)*
Dance Room Rules:
• Street shoes may NOT be worn in Dance Room.
• Each child will receive a Lollipop at the end of their class. Dancers demonstrating poor
behavior will NOT receive a lollipop.
• There is absolutely NO RUNNING in the Dance Room.
• There is absolutely NO HANGING from the BALLET BARRES.
Attendance for all Students:
If you miss a class you may make up that class by attending any other class that is your age group – NO need to call just show up. Make up classes are NOT MANDATORY.
MAKE UP CLASSES ARE NOT OFFERED FOR THE DAYS THE STUDIO IS CLOSED!!
There are no refunds for missed classes. Please try to make every effort to attend all classes, as tardiness and absences will hold back the entire class. There will be NO makeup classes during March – May due to recital practices. If you are going to miss class please call the studio.